My trip to Goa:
I am going to write about my trip to Goa. You can understand a bit about travel and attractions and also how much it would cost you at certain places. Also feel free to view the pics that I have uploaded.
STAY: LA Casa, Siolim (OYO ROOMS), North Goa
I would rate this place 4/5. It is a calm and peaceful area to stay. They have a garden and pool area to relax. The pool is not as clean as one would have hoped. See pic below:
I and my friend (my friend and I) hardly spent time at the hotel but overall it was a good experience. Thanks to a good deal I got through Goibibo when I booked the hotel along with the flight tickets.
Good: GOOD AC in hot April, Good Breakfast (complimentary), Good Free Wifi, Nice force in the shower 🙂
Bad: Location was a bit hard to find
Here are my rankings for the beaches in Goa
- Morjim Beach – Lot of foreigners and apparently a crocodile as well which was spotted on 16th July (article updated on 16th July 2015)
- Baga Beach – Full of life
- Ashvem Beach – Nice location
- Mandrem Beach – Peaceful, Lil empty though
- Miramar beach – Nice family place. Waited for the sunset but only to see the sun fog out just before setting
- Calungate Beach – Too crowded for me
PS: Thanks to Tolstroy (Elroy Fernandes) for most of the pics.
Take a pre-paid taxi from Dabolim airport in Goa. There is also an option of bus just a km away from the airport. Luckily I found a pilot (motorbike taxi) just outside the airport who dropped me to Mapusa (1/3rd the cost of a prepaid taxi). Time taken: 50 minutes; Cost: 400 Rs.
While returning I took the bus from Miramar beach to Panjim main bus stop. Time taken: 20 minutes; Cost: 10 Rs. From there I took a bus to Vasco (Vasco is about 4 km away from the airport). I got down at Chicalim which is 1.5 km away from the airport. Time take: 45 minutes; Cost: 23 Rs.
Rent a bike out there which is the best option for anyone. I had a four wheeler license and unfortunately they do not rent you a bike (even a non-geared one) unless you have a two wheeler license. Good thing my friend has a two wheeler license and we could rent a bike for a couple of days.
Rent per day for a bike (without gears): 250 RS (Petrol costs 60 Rs per litre at the petrol pump or 70 rs if you buy it in a bottle available roadside)
Track II Go Karting: You have gotto do this! I rate it 4.5 out of 5. Cost: 300 Rs for 10 laps.
Reis Magos Fort: Unfortunately we could not see this because Rohit Shetty’s Film shooting was going on. SRK’s Dilwale I suppose.
Fontainhas: Look like toy houses.
Casino Paradise (Inside Neo majestic)
Casino Deltin Royale: This is not based on land. Unfortunately most of land based casinos do not deal cards, instead you have to play against the computer.
Goa Kayaking – Day Tours & Goa Nature Trails
- Travel according to the location. If you are visiting a beach then carry beachwear with you.
- Do not miss the churches and chapels when you visit Goa. We happened to visit a church, a chapel, a mandir, a gurudwara and a masjid in a span of 60 mins.
- Always have a map with you. Good GPS on phone always helps.
- Do not forget to carry sunscreen with you if you plan to spend the entire day at the beach.